Choose car seats for babies can be a somewhat complex task. Once by weight, children can no longer use the child restraint system in the form of a harness, they need to use a chair.
Types of baby car seats
There are different options for babies to travel safely. Lately there are chairs that incorporate a fourth point of attachment as a great novelty.
On the other hand, the XP-PAD pad crosses the child’s belt diagonally, thus protecting both the cervical area and the belly.
Age Range and Weight
By law, chairs should be incorporated when the child reaches 1.35 meters high, replacing the previous ones (more appropriate to his weight and height when he is a baby). At the weight level, these are divided into different groups. The most important are the following:
– Group 0: It is used up to 10 kilos and approximately up to nine months.
– Group 0+: In this case, the weight goes up to 13 kilos with a maximum age of 15 months.
– Group I: It includes between 9 and 18 kilos, from 8 months to 3 or 4 years.
– Group II: It will be used between 3 and 7 years, with a weight of 15 to 25 kilos.
– Group III: It goes from 22 to 36 kilos and from 6 to 12 years.
How to put them in the car
The chairs must be placed with the anchors well placed to ensure maximum comfort of the child throughout the trip, thus achieving complete safety. Each chair can have a different anchoring system and this is also influenced by the type of vehicle in which it is attached. Therefore, it is convenient to review the installation instructions in each case to ensure complete safety in the anchorage.
In conclusion, these are the most important aspects when choosing baby car seats that best suit each weight and age.
- In the following link you can get more advice on types of chairs and their placement: https://www.race.es/comparador-de-sillas-infantiles/
If what you need is to change the seats of your vehicle, you can consult us without obligation. We have many brands and models: https://www.desguaceelmalagueno.es/en/contact/