If you are one of those who do not have a garage or have to park in unsafe areas, you know how much your car suffers.
Not only is it exposed to possible thefts, but also to other dangers such as the sun, the cold, the rain, the bird droppings or the organic remains. All these factors can make you need to repair your car or replace it sooner than expected.
But do not worry, there are some measures that you can take to take care of your car and prevent it from suffering the consequences of being parked on the street.
Protect your car from the sun and heat.
The sun is the great enemy of your car’s paint. It can cause it to fade, crack or deteriorate.In addition, the heat can affect the engine and the fluids of the car, such as oil, coolant or brake fluid.
To avoid these problems, follow these tips:
- Use a protective cover to cover your car when you park it. Look for a shade to park your car.
- Look for a shade to park your car. If there are no trees or buildings nearby, try to choose a place where the sun does not shine all day.
- Use a sunshade to cover the windshield and windows. This will prevent the interior of the car from overheating and damaging plastics, fabrics or leather.
- Check the fluid levels of the car frequently. The heat can make them evaporate or expand and affect the operation of the engine or brakes.
- Wax the bodywork to prevent dirt, bird droppings or organic remains from sticking.
Avoid thefts in your car
Thieves can take advantage of the loneliness of the street to steal your car or what is inside it. To prevent thefts, follow these measures:
- Close well the windows of your car. Do not leave any opening where thieves can enter.
- Keep your mobile phone, GPS, wallet, purse or anything else that might attract attention in the trunk or under the seats.
- Park in well-lit and busy areas. This way you will have more chances that someone will inform the police if they see something suspicious.
Clean your car after a rain
The rain can be beneficial to clean the dust from the car, but it can also be harmful if it contains acids or salts that damage the paint or glass.
- Dry well the car with a cloth. Do not leave it wet, it could rust or create stains.
- Do not use tap water to clean the glass, it could contain lime or chlorine that leave marks.
- Check the condition of the wipers and windshield wipers. If they are worn out, change them as soon as possible to avoid scratching the glass.
As you have seen, leaving the car on the street can pose a risk, but there are also ways to protect it and take care of it.
If your car has been affected by being parked on the street, you may need to replace some parts that have been damaged. But do not worry, at Desguaces El Malagueño we have what you need. We have a wide catalog of second-hand parts for all types of cars and brands.