If you want to sell your second-hand car, you know that it is not easy to find a buyer who offers you a fair price for your vehicle. In this article we will give you a guide to sell your car getting the maximum profit possible.
When you park your car on the street during the winter, it is common that the glass gets frozen and you lose a lot of time in the mornings. Besides being annoying, it can also be dangerous, as it reduces the visibility and the safety when driving. Here we tell you the most effective techniques to defrost your car in winter. <!–more–>
What do you need to defrost the glass of your car?
To defrost the glass of your car, the first thing you need is patience. Do not try to remove the ice with hot water, as you could damage the glass or cause it to break due to the sudden temperature change.
Do not use the windshield wipers either, as they could get stuck to the ice and break. It is better to use some of these methods that we propose below:
By spraying alcohol on the top of the glass, the ice melts quickly. This method is very comfortable and effective, but if you use it frequently it can spoil the wipers.
A homemade solution:
Also, you can prepare your own anti-freeze spray with ingredients that you surely have at home. There are several options, such as mixing vinegar with water, alcohol with water or salt with water. These solutions have a lower freezing point than water and that is why they prevent the ice from forming.
Another way to remove the ice from the car is to use a plastic scraper, which you can find in any bazaar. Remember, never use sharp objects that can scratch or break the glass.
Protectors for the glass:
Another way to prevent the glass from freezing is to use a cover for the glass of the car, which is placed over the windshield and fixed with magnets. These covers are made of a waterproof material that protects the glass from the cold. Thus, in the morning you just have to remove the cover and you will have the glass clean and ready to drive.
Another option is to improvise with a cardboard. The important thing is that the material is relatively waterproof. To prevent it from moving with the wind, you just have to hold it with the wipers. This method is very economical and will help you get by during the frosty months.
How do I remove the fog from the car windows?
After defrosting the glass of your car, you may encounter another problem: the fog. Here we give you some tips:
- Turn on the air conditioning upwards: The cold air will make the fog evaporate and the glass will clear.
- Open the windows: this will make the air inside renew and equalize with the outside.
- Park in a sheltered place: If you want to prevent the fog, a good prevention is to park in a place sheltered from the low temperatures such as central streets.
As you have seen, the important thing is that you do not let the ice prevent you from leaving with your car.
And if you want your car to always be in perfect condition, at Desguaces El Malagueño we have what you need. We are specialists in spare parts for all types of vehicles. Visit us.
When it comes to choosing between an automatic or manual transmission, there are many misconceptions. In this article, we’ll compare both options and clarify which are truly more reliable and durable.
Transmission Comparison: Automatic vs. Manual
Transmissions are an essential component in a vehicle’s mechanics. Let’s break down some of their characteristics:
- Comfort and ease of use: Ideal for city driving and heavy traffic.
- Advanced technology: The latest models offer efficiency comparable to manual transmissions.
- Maintenance: They require periodic oil and filter changes to function properly.
- Total control: They allow the driver a greater connection with the vehicle.
- Fuel efficiency: Traditionally, they have been more fuel-efficient.
- Repair cost: They tend to be cheaper to repair in case of a breakdown.
Myths and Realities About Transmission Reliability
There are several myths surrounding both automatic and manual transmissions. Let’s look at some of them and the reality behind:
Myth 1: Automatic transmissions are not as durable as manuals:
With proper maintenance, automatic transmissions can be just as durable.
Although manuals may keep running longer due to their simpler and more robust design, automatics are not far behind. For those drivers who take care of their vehicle and perform regular maintenance, it can result in equal or even greater reliability in many cases.
Myth 2: Manual transmissions always offer better performance:
Historically, manual transmissions have been recognized for their fuel efficiency. However, with the development of modern automatic transmissions, this difference has virtually disappeared.
On the other hand, it is true that manual transmissions offer a more personalized driving experience, allowing drivers to adjust gear changes to their driving style.
Myth 3: Repairs for automatic transmissions are always more expensive:
Although repairs for automatic transmissions are more complex due to their technology, they are not always more expensive. This is because many of the most common problems can be solved by replacing specific components.
Which Transmission is Right for You?
- Manual transmissions are known for their simplicity and lower likelihood of mechanical failures, making them the ideal choice for many drivers.
- On the other hand, automatic transmissions offer greater comfort and are equipped with advanced technology, which can significantly improve the driving experience.
Although both options can provide excellent results, the key to maintaining their reliability is regular and proper maintenance of the vehicle’s mechanics.
Find the Perfect Transmission at Desguaces El Malagueño
We offer a wide variety of transmissions, both automatic and manual. Our inventory includes transmissions from different brands and models, all reviewed and guaranteed to ensure their quality and performance. Contact us through our form, phone, or email.
Looking for a Vehicle Scrapyard in Estepona?
If you’re searching for vehicle scrapyards in Estepona to sell your old, damaged, or unused vehicle, you’re in the right place. Here we explain why Chatarrerías El Malagueño is your best option to dispose of your car quickly, safely, and legally, and also receive financial compensation for your vehicle depending on its condition.
What Services Do Our Estepona Scrapyards Offer?
We are a company with extensive experience in the scrapyard and vehicle recycling sector. That’s why we offer you the best services for your car.
Here are some of them:
- Purchase of vehicles at the best price: We pay you in cash for your vehicle, no matter its condition. We give you the best market price and pay you on the spot.
- Free removal and transportation: We take care of removing your vehicle for free wherever you tell us, in Estepona or the surrounding areas. We transport it to our facilities at no cost to you.
- Free definitive deregistration: We manage the definitive deregistration of your vehicle with the DGT of Estepona for free. We provide you with the destruction certificate and the deregistration proof on the same day.
- Sale of parts and spares: We have a large stock of second-hand parts and spares, guaranteed and reviewed. With them, you can repair your car economically.
Sell Your Vehicle Without Complications:
We offer you the maximum possible facilities. We know that selling your vehicle to a scrapyard can be an unknown process for you, that’s why we make it easy for you. We explain the process step by step, we take care of most of the administrative procedures, and we offer you the real value of your vehicle in a transparent way.
These are some of the advantages we offer:
The Legal and Fast Way to Dispose of Your Vehicle in Estepona
If you’re looking for scrapyards in Estepona to dispose of your vehicle, we help you get fair compensation for it. Plus, you won’t have to worry about any paperwork, we take care of everything necessary to ensure your vehicle is properly deregistered.
Responsible Vehicle Recycling
At our Estepona scrapyards, we care about the environment. That’s why we decontaminate and dismantle all vehicles. Thus, we take advantage of the materials and components that can be reused. Ensuring that no waste leaks out of the facilities.
Professional and Close Treatment
At Chatarrerías El Malagueño, we offer you a close treatment. We make the procedures quick and easy to understand for you, and we advise you on everything you need. We remove your vehicle anywhere in Estepona, you tell us where to pick up the car and we take care of everything. We pay you in cash, we give you the destruction certificate and the deregistration proof.
How Can You Contact Chatarrerías El Malagueño?
Do you want to scrap your vehicle in the Estepona area?
If your car is no longer useful, has had an accident or does not comply with the regulations, the most convenient thing is to take it to a scrapyard and process its final deregistration. In this way, you can benefit from an economic saving and a possible compensation for your vehicle depending on the model. But, do you know how to choose the best option for your vehicle? In this article we explain why Desguaces El Malagueño is the best scrapyard in the Estepona area.
What services does our scrapyard offer you?
We are a company with extensive experience in the scrapyard and waste management sector. We offer the following services:
- Free final deregistration: We take care of processing the final deregistration of your vehicle at the DGT office in Estepona at no additional cost. In addition, we deliver the certificate of destruction and the proof of deregistration on the same day.
- Free collection and transport: We collect your vehicle for free at any point in Estepona and its surroundings and take it to our facilities. No matter the condition of your car, we take care of the transport.
- Valuation and instant payment: We offer you the best valuation for your vehicle and pay you instantly in cash or by transfer. No waiting or uncomfortable negotiations, we offer you the best price on the market.
- Sale of parts and spare parts: We have a wide catalogue of second-hand parts and spare parts, reconditioned and guaranteed, so that you can repair or improve your car at a very economical price.
The advantages of choosing us to scrap your vehicle in Estepona
We explain some of the advantages that this leading company in the waste management and scrapyard sector in Estepona offers you:
Economic and time saving when scrapping your vehicle
If you have a car that does not comply with the transport regulations, you will save on maintenance, taxes and insurance costs that having a car in property entails. In addition, you will not have to do any paperwork on your own, we take care of all the paperwork and offer you the best valuation.
Responsible waste management
We take care of recycling the components of the car, thus avoiding pollution. We make sure that no waste is filtered into the Estepona ecosystem.
Human treatment and ease
At Desguaces El Malagueño we offer you a very human and personalised treatment. We make the paperwork simple and easy to understand for you, and we advise you on everything you need. We collect your vehicle anywhere in Estepona, you tell us where to take the car and we take care of everything. We process the deregistration of the vehicle, deliver the certificate of destruction and the proof of deregistration.
How can you contact Desguaces El Malagueño?
Desguaces El Malagueño is a professional and expert company in scrapping your vehicle. Let us take care of all the paperwork and our specialty, waste management and vehicle scrapping
Synthetic fuels are produced using carbon dioxide (CO2) and green hydrogen (hydrogen that has been extracted using renewable energies). These fuels produce neutral carbon dioxide emissions. This means that the CO2 that is released when burning them is exactly the same as the one used to produce them.
Their main advantage is that they are compatible with current internal combustion engines. This would allow car companies to save costs in creating new infrastructure and citizens to keep their current cars without the need to buy new ones.
There are different types of synthetic fuels depending on how they are produced:
- Synthetic regular gas: It is obtained by combining CO2 with hydrogen to generate a compound very similar to regular gas.
- Synthetic diesel: To produce this material, more hydrogen and less CO2 is used. One of its main advantages is that it burns more slowly so it’s more energy efficient than gasoline.
How do synthetic fuels work and what benefits do they have?
Synthetic fuels work in the same way as conventional ones. They burn inside the engine to generate mechanical energy. However, they have some benefits that make them more interesting from an environmental and economic point of view.
- They are carbon-neutral, which not only mitigates the impact of climate change but also contributes to achieving the European Union’s decarbonization goals.
- They promote investing in hydrogen based technology, a clean and abundant resource.
- They enable the shift towards a more sustainable mobility without the need of replacing vehicles or overhauling existing infrastructure.
- They have a higher energy density than conventional fuels, which allows for a greater autonomy and a lower gas consumption.
Are synthetic fuels the future?
Synthetic fuels are a promising technology, but they face many challenges in their way to a widespread adoption.
High cost of production:
Synthetic fuels have a higher production cost than regular ones. That’s because they depend on a manufacturing processes that is still under development. It is likely that, over time and with technological advances and institutional investment , production will become cheaper and more efficient.
Regulation and mass adoption:
Synthetic fuels need a favorable regulatory framework that recognizes them as a viable option for the ecological transition, just like the electric car. However, their popularity among consumers remains low, so this issue needs to be addressed.
Synthetic fuels are an eco-friendly alternative, that could change the automotive industry forever. However, they still have to overcome many obstacles to be competitive and reach mass adoption.
If you believe in the future of synthetic fuel and want your car to last many more years, at Desguaces El Malagueño we have a large catalog of second-hand parts for all types of cars and brands.
If you are one of those who do not have a garage or have to park in unsafe areas, you know how much your car suffers.
Not only is it exposed to possible thefts, but also to other dangers such as the sun, the cold, the rain, the bird droppings or the organic remains. All these factors can make you need to repair your car or replace it sooner than expected.
But do not worry, there are some measures that you can take to take care of your car and prevent it from suffering the consequences of being parked on the street.
Protect your car from the sun and heat.
The sun is the great enemy of your car’s paint. It can cause it to fade, crack or deteriorate.In addition, the heat can affect the engine and the fluids of the car, such as oil, coolant or brake fluid.
To avoid these problems, follow these tips:
- Use a protective cover to cover your car when you park it. Look for a shade to park your car.
- Look for a shade to park your car. If there are no trees or buildings nearby, try to choose a place where the sun does not shine all day.
- Use a sunshade to cover the windshield and windows. This will prevent the interior of the car from overheating and damaging plastics, fabrics or leather.
- Check the fluid levels of the car frequently. The heat can make them evaporate or expand and affect the operation of the engine or brakes.
- Wax the bodywork to prevent dirt, bird droppings or organic remains from sticking.
Avoid thefts in your car
Thieves can take advantage of the loneliness of the street to steal your car or what is inside it. To prevent thefts, follow these measures:
- Close well the windows of your car. Do not leave any opening where thieves can enter.
- Keep your mobile phone, GPS, wallet, purse or anything else that might attract attention in the trunk or under the seats.
- Park in well-lit and busy areas. This way you will have more chances that someone will inform the police if they see something suspicious.
Clean your car after a rain
The rain can be beneficial to clean the dust from the car, but it can also be harmful if it contains acids or salts that damage the paint or glass.
- Dry well the car with a cloth. Do not leave it wet, it could rust or create stains.
- Do not use tap water to clean the glass, it could contain lime or chlorine that leave marks.
- Check the condition of the wipers and windshield wipers. If they are worn out, change them as soon as possible to avoid scratching the glass.
As you have seen, leaving the car on the street can pose a risk, but there are also ways to protect it and take care of it.
If your car has been affected by being parked on the street, you may need to replace some parts that have been damaged. But do not worry, at Desguaces El Malagueño we have what you need. We have a wide catalog of second-hand parts for all types of cars and brands.
Spain is one of the countries with the oldest cars in Europe. According to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA), the average age of the Spanish car fleet is 13.2 years, well above the European average of 11.8 years.
What causes this situation and what are the consequences for the environment and road safety?
There are several factors that explain why Spain has so many old cars. Some of them are:
- The economic crisis that reduced the purchasing power of Spaniards and the demand for new cars.
- The lack of incentives or aid to renew the car fleet, such as the Renove Plan. The greater durability and reliability of current cars, which makes owners keep them longer.
- The preference for buying second-hand cars, especially the oldest and cheapest ones, which surpass new car sales year after year.
These causes have caused the Spanish car fleet to stagnate and not be sufficiently renewed in recent years.
On the other hand, it should be mentioned that having an aged car fleet has negative effects for both the environment and road safety.
Old cars pollute more and have less protection equipment than new cars.
According to the General Directorate of Traffic (DGT), the risk of dying in an accident with an old vehicle (15 years or more) is doubled compared to a new one (less than 5 years). In addition, old cars emit more greenhouse gases and polluting particles that contribute to climate change and poor air quality.
Renew the Spanish car fleet. To achieve this, some measures could be taken, such as:
- Offer incentives or aid to buy new or second-hand cars with C, ECO or ZERO labels.
- Promote the manufacture and sale of new vehicles that are less polluting and safer at a national level.
- Send old or unlabelled cars that are no longer used or do not comply with current regulations to the scrapyard.
At Desguaces El Malagueño we help you get rid of your old car in a safe and sustainable way. We are a specialized center that has the knowledge and facilities necessary to dismantle and recycle cars safely. In addition, we offer you the best deals and news to buy second-hand parts with warranty.
How can I properly dismantle the batteries of my electric car?
When the time comes to dispose of an electric vehicle, we have the question of how to properly dismantle the battery in a safe and sustainable manner. In this article, we will explore the actions that should be taken to safely dismantle and recycle the battery.
Contact a specialized electric vehicle dismantler:
The first step is to contact a specialized center that has the knowledge and facilities required to disassemble and recycle the batteries safely.
Find a dismantler with sustainable management practices:
Some of the essential requirements that a dismantling center should meet include:
- Having trained personnel and strict safety protocols.
- Ensuring environmental safety during the extraction process.
- Carefully handling the batteries to prevent damage and leaks.
Disassembly and separation of the battery:
At a specialized dismantling center, the electric vehicle will be disassembled. During this process, the battery components such as modules and individual cells will be separated for further recycling.
Storage and transportation:
Once the batteries are removed, it is crucial to store and transport them safely. These batteries contain potentially hazardous materials, so they should be stored in designated areas to prevent any risks.
Recycling and reuse of components:
Once separated, the battery components will be sent to specialized recycling facilities. These facilities will process the materials and reuse some of the components in new projects.
If you are looking to dismantle your electric car in a sustainable manner, look no further, Desguaces El Malagueño is the place for you.
Waste management in Cadiz and the surrounding area can be a problem for companies and individuals who produce waste. It is important to follow the environmental regulations and to respect the legislation in order to avoid problems that could lead to a wide range of sanctions and pollution of the environment.
Authorised waste collectors
In order to collect waste in Cadiz and Malaga, it is necessary to use an authorised waste collection company in Malaga and Cadiz. It is important to make sure that they are authorised and have the necessary experience to know how to handle the material.
There are also some types of waste that require special treatment, such as ferrous waste. In order to deal with this, it is necessary to have the necessary permits, lorries and space.
Waste management in Cadiz and Malaga
This type of specialised company carries out specific tasks that it offers to all its clients. Some of the services provided by waste management companies include
- Waste collection in Malaga: The removal of waste requires authorisation and special knowledge in order not to harm the environment.
- Waste removal in Malaga: The use of special lorries is necessary for hazardous waste in order to reduce the risks during transport.
- Waste management in Malaga: The treatment and transfer of waste to the appropriate storage area requires knowledge of current legislation in order to avoid legal problems.
Waste management in Cadiz and the surrounding area requires professionals in the sector. As an authorised company for more than 20 years, we have the identification number AN00345/ GRU294. We have the knowledge and capacity to transport waste in Cadiz and the surrounding area for all types of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
Contact us and we will inform you about
– Ferrous waste collection, transport and management.
– Non-ferrous waste collection, transport and management.
– Collection, transport and management of hazardous waste.
– Non-hazardous waste collection, transport and management.
For more information on waste management regulations, please visit the following Spanish government website: https://www.miteco.gob.es/es/calidad-y-evaluacion-ambiental/temas/prevencion-y-gestion-residuos/normativa-y-planificacion/